Whether you are a first time parent or have three teens, raising a child is no walk in the park. You are conscientious and want to do the best for your child, but the vast amount of information out there (not to mention advice from friends and family), can leave you feeling overwhelmed and lost. After all, you simply want to raise a healthy, happy child - right?
At Nourish Integrative Health, we understand the challenges that parents face, are able to answer your questions about the health choices out there and work with you to build a plan that fits your family. We are there for you when your child is bouncing off the walls or feeling under the weather - and for everything in between. We want you walking out our door feeling informed and confident in your decisions regarding your child’s health.
Make an natural pediatric health appointment today to Nourish your child, their health and their future.
Naturopathic pediatric care includes assessment, diagnosis and treatment of infants, children and teens, who tend to respond especially well to gentle, natural therapies.
It’s important to start your child off on the right track - and routine medical exams from infancy through their teens can help keep them there. We recommend regular well-child check ups every 2-3 months in the first year of life, every 6 months between 1-3 years old and yearly after the age of 3. We work collaboratively with your child’s family doctor, pediatrician or other health care providers to ensure your child receives the care he or she needs. Come visit us at Nourish Integrative Health and see how we can help your child reach their highest potential.
Is this what you are looking for? The answer is YES, if:
- You want a practitioner to work with you to achieve your child’s optimal health
- You are interested in raising your child in a health-conscious, environmentally aware manner
- You want answers to health and parenting questions
ACUTE CARE MANAGEMENT
When it’s your child, you want to know how to manage their care and get them back to health as quickly as possible. Natural alternatives may be used instead of or in combination with prescription medication for acute and chronic conditions, but more importantly is the knowledge of when to refer to other healthcare providers. We at Nourish Integrative Health work to educate parents, so they feel confident making informed decisions regarding their child’s care, and have their little one up and running in no time!
Does this fit your needs? The answer is YES, if:
- Your child has come down with a cold or flu
- You are concerned about your child’s fever
- You would like to treat your children’s health concerns without prescription medications (whenever possible) or get a second opinion
Many health concerns arise from improper immune function. Your child having frequent colds and flus is an obvious example, but you may be surprised to learn of some of the signs of a weak immune system: ear infections, allergies, asthma, skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis and rashes) and digestive concerns (constipation, diarrhea, gas). Therefore, building a healthy immune system right from the beginning is critical for supporting optimal wellness and preventing disease - both short and long term. Nourish Integrative Health is dedicated to promoting optimal immune function in every child and building a solid foundation from which to thrive.
Could your child benefit? The answer is YES, if:
- Your child experiences one or more signs of a weak immune system
- You wish to decrease your child's risk of complications from drugs, surgeries and vaccinations
- You want to obtain reliable information about childhood vaccinations and natural vaccine support
Parents today are facing more challenges with their child's wellbeing than ever before. Children with developmental concerns may show difficulty with social interaction, impaired or abnormal use of language and unusual behaviours. When your child is acting out or falling behind, it's hard for a parent not to feel at a loss or attribute blame. That's why it's important to remember that there is no single cause of developmental conditions. Nourish Integrative Health can help identify contributing factors to find the treatments best suited for the individual child - and family, because we understand the importance one child's wellbeing can be for the other members.
Can we help your child? The answer is YES, if:
- You have a child with an autism spectrum disorder or ADHD, and are looking for alternative and biomedical approaches
- Your child has been diagnosed with a learning or behavioural disorder
- You are concerned about your child's anxiety or depression