Akuklinik [pronounced: a'cu-clinic] is here to meet your fertility and pregnancy needs. As part of the services provided at Nourish Integrative Health, Akuklinik is focused on treating infertility and reproductive health concerns using Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and acupuncture techniques.
Akuklinik has been helping Toronto couples conceive for over 7 years and is backed by research showing acupuncture to improve success of IVF by 65%. Our goal is to help couples become pregnant naturally without the use of Artificial Reproductive Techniques (ART); however, many women turn to in vitro fertilization (IVF) or intrauterine insemination (IUI) in the process of starting a family. Having a successful and healthy pregnancy can be maximized by combining both Western and Chinese medicine.
The success rate of IVF can be improved in the following ways:
- Improves ovarian function to produce better quality eggs
- Increases number of follicles produced through hormonal regulation
- Decreases the stress of patients
- Increases uterine blood flow and thickness of uterine lining
- Alleviates and reduces the side effects of drugs used in IVF
- Prevents the uterus from contracting during transfer
- Boosts the immune system
- Improves sperm counts and motility
- Decreases the chances of miscarriage
- Regulates patient's emotions and elevates low mood
Akuklinik provides fertility acupuncture for IVF support and pre / post natal care.
We believe the most important time to influence your fertility and maximize chances of conceiving is 3 months prior to conception - this enables an adequate period of time to regulate the menstrual cycle, balance hormones and optimize egg quality.
Once becoming pregnant, acupuncture can decrease the risk of miscarriage, turn a breech-presenting baby, shorten labour by optimizing the onset of spontaneous labour and induce labour for post-date babies.