Natural Pregnancy Care
Pregnancy is a time of joy and celebration - but just as your baby bump grows, so does your number of concerns. The team at Nourish has answers for each question that arises, support when you need it and personalized care just for you. Naturopathic care aims to optimize the health of mother and baby in preparation for birth and the post-natal period. Creating a new life is a big job - let us ease the process with a treatment plan that is specific for your individual needs. We address health concerns that arise during pregnancy with gentle, safe and effective medicine while ensuring all the factors are in place for a healthy pregnancy.
How we can help
- Reduce risk of miscarriage
- Discuss healthy diet and lifestyle during pregnancy
- Review supplements, medications and lifestyle to ensure safety in pregnancy
- Safely treat pregnancy side effects
- Nausea & vomiting
- Leg cramps
- Constipation & heartburn
- Prevent and manage high risk pregnancy complications
- High blood pressure and pre-eclampsia
- Gestational diabetes
- Group B Streptococcus (GBS)
- Plan and prepare for labour
- Educate about options for labour intervention
- Help create a birth plan
- Turn a breech baby
- Natural labour induction
- Doula services: physical & emotional support during labour
The path to childbirth can be unnerving and confusing, and that's why we are here to help you along the way. We recommend well-pregnancy visits monthly or bi-monthly to screen for potential health issues, answer questions and address concerns you may have about your pregnancy, baby, birth, breastfeeding or the post-partum period. These visits compliment those of your OB/GYN or midwife. You can expect dietary assessments and supplement recommendations to ensure optimal nutrient status for mother and baby, as well as discussion of care around labour and postpartum.
Nourish Integrative Health has a special focus on fertility and pregnancy acupuncture. To read more about our specialized care, click here.